Thursday, February 26, 2009

BLUMENTHAL - CT'S TRENDY, TELEGENIC, TOOTHLESS ATTY GEN

RICHARD BLUMENTHAL - CONNECTICUT'S TRENDY,
TELEGENIC, TOOTHLESS ATTORNEY GENERAL

by Henry Berry, CT resident

Connecticut Attorney General never saw a bandwagon he didn't like. In the past couple of years, he has come out against parolees sneaking into a house at night and killing the wife and daughters; teenagers being killed in car crashes; the pollution of Long Island Sound so it can no longer be used for recreation; consumers being bilked out of thousands of dollars by unscrupulous businesses; and recently, chimpanzees attacking house guests by ripping apart their faces and nearly killing them. Although he hasn't explicitly expressed it, one can assume that Blumenthal is also against fair young things being afflicted by the black death and puppy dogs playing in traffic.

One thing Blumenthal is not against, however, is flagrant, persistent criminal activity in the Fairfield County State's Attorney's office. After I wrote Blumenthal three or four times about past and spreading criminal activity by members of the Fairfield County State's Attorney's office and probably the Chief State's Attorney's office, I received a brief note from him in which he told me he didn't want to hear any more about the matter and he couldn't do anything about it.

Sorrrry Attorney General Blumenthal. I guess I was under the mistaken impression that you were the top legal official in the state of Connecticut. When I hear about the attorney generals of New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, and California investigating reports of significant and scandalous corruption by officials in their states, I presumed you would want to know about such activities of officials and agents in the Connecticut legal system. Not long ago, New Jersey's attorney general investigated judges fixing parking tickets. But I guess not even constitutional violations such as an illegal wiretap and criminal activity normally associated with violent gangs such as threats and witness intimidation are enough to concern you.

The Connecticut attorney general Blumenthal runs his office more like a TV program. He appears on television with more frequency than Oprah. It's not unheard of him to appear two or three times during one evening news programs. He's practically got his own TV studio--it's known as WTNH-8, the state's major TV station.

You knew--those of us who regularly watch the evening news--that after the Stamford incident where a crazed pet chimpanzee nearly killed a visiting friend of its owner, Blumenthal was going to get the cameras rolling. And yes, there he was--on Channel 8, within a day of the attack railing against the manic chimp...giving the state a bad image...!...this is Connecticut, by god, not deepest Africa...who does that chimp think he is...!...there ought to be a law...

But maybe I'm being too critical of Blumethal. He's been in office for some time now. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't. Maybe Richard Blumenthal knows there's a better chance of getting a chimpanzee out of control to be well-behaved than getting Connecticut state's attorneys to follow the law.


2 comments:

ed hardy chothes said...

I am just trying out your new predictions platform.
This is interesting for Collective intelligence purposes and well done.
Could I have more background information on that project? Having worked at Yahoo!
Answers, Flickr and Community products out of Canada, I like to discover interesting projects like this. wholesale replica handbags

mwd said...

Attorney Blumenthal wrote to me that the case involving the gangstalking of my son and I also illegal sale of home left to us by family was "too criminal for him to handle". He suggested a grievance. I was in a homeless shelter in Norwalk CT at the time and prepared the grievance. In that shelter my report- in my locked locker- was stolen by a perp witnessed by 12 clients entering the female dorm area. Management staff were complicit with this crime. Luckily I had other copies stashed away as I anticipated this kind of corruption.

About Me

For over 20 years, I've been active in the field of finding, evaluating, purchasing, researching, and marketing notable ephemera of historical, cultural, literary, and biographical interest. My interest in and knowledge of ephemera grew out of my many years of self-employed in the interrelated fields of publishing and writing. I have done work as a ghostwriter, book reviewer, freelance editor, writer, publicist, creative writing teacher, publisher, literary agent, and consultant for authors and small, entrepreneurial publishers. In the 1980s, I did a monthly news and marketing column for the newsletter of the small-press association COSMEP. I have degrees in philosophy and English from Fairfield University and Georgetown University.